The Foley Grail: The Art of Performing Sound for Film, Games, and Animation
Vanessa Theme Ament
Master classic and cutting-edge Foley techniques that will allow you to create rich, convincing sound for any medium, be it film, television, radio, podcasts, animation, or games.
In The Foley Grail, Second Edition award-winning Foley artist Vanessa Theme Ament teaches you how Foley is designed, crafted, and edited for any project, right down to the nuts and bolts of spotting, cueing, and performing sounds. Various renowned sound artists provide a treasure trove of shortcuts, hot tips, and other tricks of the trade.
This new edition features:
- Entirely new chapters dedicated to Foley in games, television, broadcasting, and animation, as well as what is new in sound for media education
- All new sound “recipes” that include proven Foley methods you can immediately use on your own projects
- New case studies from well-known films, shows, games, and animations
- Interviews with current sound artists from across the globe
- An extensive companion website featuring video demonstrations of Foley artists at work, video tutorials of specific Foley techniques, lectures from the author, and much more