The Federal Agencies Digitization Guidelines Initiative has announced the release of BWF MetaEdit, a free, open source tool that supports embedding, validating, and exporting of metadata in Broadcast WAVE Format (BWF) files.
Users of BWF MetaEdit can:
- Import, edit, embed, and export specified metadata elements in WAVE audio files
- Export technical metadata from Format Chunks and minimal metadata from bext and INFO chunks as comma-separated values and/or XML, across a set of files or from individual files
- Evaluate, verify and embed MD5 checksums, as applied to the WAVE file’s data chunk (audio bitstream only)
- Enforce the guideline (above) developed by the Federal Agencies Audio-Visual Working Group, as well as specifications from the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), Microsoft, and IBM
- Generate reports that show errors in the construction of WAVE files
- Choose from command line and GUI, for Windows/PC, Macintosh OS, Linux. See the list of options at SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bwfmetaedit/files/
BWF MetaEdit is available for download at SourceForge.
Thanks to Matteo Milani for the info.