Rycote has announced Cyclone.
Innovation. Evolution. That’s how Rycote has maintained its status as leader in isolation from the effects of wind and shock since we introduced the first conventional windshield more than 40 years ago. For the Cyclone we decided to move our existing technology completely aside to achieve the extraordinary. An entirely new standard of reduction in levels of wind and handling noise for audio professionals.
- Radical new design and shape delivers a new pinnacle in audio transparency, wind noise and handling noise isolation.
- Lightweight, durable construction, designed with materials to withstand extreme field conditions.
- Featuring 3D-Tex® delivering massive wind noise reduction without needing additional fur coverings.
- Basket Z-Locking design, with magnetic locking, provides instant, one-hand microphone access with automatic, self-aligning basket reassembly.
- Swivel latches provide additional basket security for extreme environments and run-and-gun applications
- Increased acoustic transparency, and no parallel surfaces to minimise room-tones, provides a clean frequency response.
- All-new, patented Floating-Basket Suspension with Lyre™ technology for reduction of windshield basket handling noise.
- Industry-leading Lyre Microphone Suspension with Universal Lyre webs (19-25mm) includes spares.
- Supplied with ultra-soft, flexible Mogami cable, fitted with gold pin Neutrik XX-series XLR connectors.
- Output male XLR locked in angled position on lightweight boom adaptor, allowing internal or external pole cables and plug-on transmitters to be attached securely.
- Compatible with optional Cyclone Windjammer for extreme wind isolation performance.